Cut the cod into 1 1/2 inch pieces before adding to the curry.

My mum makes this amazing curry now and again, but when she does make it, it is finished in no time. We don't want our curry to be too watery.

Bite sized cod is easier to eat and cooks faster.
As it disintegrates very easily, choose a fish with firm meat for this recipe, and instead of using a spoon to stir it, just give the cooking pot a swirl. The tricky part with fish in fish karahi is that you can’t overcook it or stir it too much. Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. I always use fresh ginger and grate it right into the pan using a small grater without peeling it. This time, she used haddock fillets but you can use any kind - be adventurous. Once thawed I placed between 2 paper towels to absorb any moisture prior to cooking. Take a masterclass in Indian cookery, spiced with the colourful character of Madhur Jaffrey. After the initial fry and then the bake with the spicy tomato curry base, we (correctly) assumed that following the recipe’s exact timing would leave us with cod completely cooked to smithereens. You can use fresh or frozen Alaska cod for this coconut fish curry recipe. Remove the fish from the heat and serve topped with red onion slices and cilantro leaves. So instead, we cooked it for 15 minutes instead of the prescribed 40, which turned out to be a wise choice – our fish came out perfectly. You can use fresh or frozen Alaska cod for this coconut fish curry recipe. Fish curry was unusual for me when I first come to America and my mother-in-law always make fish curry so when my husband wish to eat fish curry I come up with this recipe .adding yogurt to this curry make this curry extra special ,creamy ,silky and yummy.
if you have curry leaves on hand do used them in this recipe . In a non stick skillet over medium heat, place a teaspoon of oil in the pan. Add the fish in a single layer in the pan. Cut the cod into 1 1/2 inch pieces before adding to the curry. Simmer gently,spooning the sauce over the fish,until it has just cooked through. If using frozen cod, thaw it first as directed on the package. Recently, fish has replaced chicken and red meat in many traditional recipes, such as pulao, biryani, qorma and karahi. To make fish curry, please use fresh tomatoes as they have less juice than canned tomatoes. This recipe is for My Mums' Battered Fish Curry. When fish is opaque, toss fish with heat resistant utensils, and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.

I'm really picky when it comes to fish, but … If using frozen cod, thaw it first as directed on the package.

How to Make Thai Red Curry Cod. For the fish, I used frozen Cod pieces, but any other fish you like would work too.