Delia's Buche de Noel (Chocolate Chestnut Log) recipe. Preheat over to 1800C /3500F/ Gas 4. For the filling; mash the chestnut purée until smooth and mix in the brandy and icing sugar. Whisk the cream to the soft peak stage and add half to the chestnut mixture. Fold the whipped cream into the chestnut purée mix and spread over the roulade: Starting from one of the short ends carefully roll up the roulade, using the paper to help. Remove from the heat. However, I do have a great passion for more sophisticated chocolatey chestnut desserts, so here I'm offering a lighter version, which Unroll the cool roulade and spread the chestnut filling over it. Chill until ready to serve. Drizzle with the melted chocolate. Lightly grease the base and sides of a 39 x 27 x 2.5 cm / 15 ½ x 10 ½ x 1 in… This famous French confection turns up in a number of guises, some of which I have a great aversion to, having never liked the sickly sweet butter cream that's often used for the icing. 4. Line bottom of greased 9”springform pan with wax paper, grease paper and dust pan with flour, knocking out excess. Place on a serving dish. For the filling; mash the chestnut purée until smooth and mix in the brandy and icing sugar. The chocolate roulade can be made 1 day ahead.

2 cups chestnut puree* 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter. Easy, delicious and healthy Chocolate Chestnut Roulade recipe.

10 oz semi sweet chocolate. To make the filling, melt the chocolate with 150ml/5fl oz of the cream in a non-stick pan over a low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. This famous French confection turns up in a number of guises, some of which I have a great aversion to, having never liked the sickly sweet butter cream that's often used for the icing. Using a dish towel to lift the cake, carefully roll it up again.

Re-roll. However, I do have a great passion for more sophisticated chocolatey chestnut desserts, so here I'm offering a lighter version, which

bouche de noel, chocolate, chocolate chestnut roulad, Chocolate roulade, christmas roulade, maron glace I always make this for my birthday – I love it that much. Set aside a quarter of the mixture for the chocolate. Reviews (5)

The very chocolately sponge is filled with softly whipped cream, luscious chestnut spread and studded with crumbled Maron glacé is a real indulgence. Place on a serving dish.

For a fancy garnish, use a dry, fine-tipped paintbrush to dab a piece of edible gold leaf onto each chestnut. 1/4 tsp salt. Roll the roulade up and leave to cool. Mix together the chestnut purée, icing sugar and brandy if using.