Viewed 8k times 2. You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. Not Kernel related.

I need to install GLIBCXX 3.4.15 on my Centos 6 version (to run a server for a game on Steam). As the title says i need to install libstdc++.so.6 glibcxx_3.4.21 (at the moment i have libstdc++.so.6 glibcxx_3.4.19) on my centos 7 server. I have a problem when I try to start my server Garry's Mod.

Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
Add comments here to get more clarity or context around a question. yum list glibc. Here is the script I use to install CoreCLR on CentOS 7. . ... CentOS 7 - Glibcxx 3.4.21 not found Contact Us.

ihad to install "Server with GUI" using yum to make sure all the Graphical LIbs are installed on the OL 7. ... CentOS 7 - Glibcxx 3.4.21 not found Contact Us. I'm trying to install this software called Skedler.

6 comments Closed ... update .

Learn more . This is table of versions of gcc and versions of appropriate libstdc++:

If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others. I did: yum install glibc-devel But it tells me that the version glibc 2.15 is installed. Learn more GLIBCXX_3.4.21 not found on CentOS 7

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. It only takes a minute to sign up.

The library is part of gcc compiler so need to install or compile appropriate version of gcc. Not Kernel related. However i need to have the version 2.17. Therefore, it's almost impossible to run code-server in CentOS 7. I did: yum install glibc-devel But it tells me that the version glibc 2.15 is installed. In 1.408-vsc1.32.0, it seems code-server check GLIBCXX_3.4.20 and GLIBCXX_3.4.21 before anything starts. Tried to update GLIBC but seems the last version for CentOS 7 is 2.17-222 is the last version available and supported. Although I got ChimeraX VR to work with smooth rendering I would not recommend CentOS 7 linux distribution because the SteamVR is compiled for a newer version of libstdc++.so.6 (requires GLIBCXX_3.4.20) than the current CentOS 7 system library (GLIBCXX_3.4.19 in CentOS 7.5.1804 core). Maybe you could help me fixing this issue. $ sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 fastjar zip Finally, we can compile: $ make After 3-4 hours (approximately in my case) you can run sudo make install if you want to use the latest version of GCC.

Copy link Quote reply Install on new server CentOS 7 with more recent Kernel (testing server mentioned above) : same issue. The library is part of gcc compiler so need to install or compile appropriate version of gcc.

Description. CentOS 7 with GNOME Desktop and networking turned on. These answers are provided by our Community. CentOS 7 with networking turned on (almost a minimal install, all you get is a terminal, but your network card works so you can download stuff)

Tried to update GLIBC but seems the last version for CentOS 7 is 2.17-222 is the last version available and supported. Download libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.18) linux packages for ALT Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Mageia, OpenMandriva, openSUSE, PCLinuxOS ALT Linux Sisyphus Classic armh Official

I don’t want to install a new compiler everywhere, so I look for the library on another system. I have been testing this against two installs on VirtualBox: My test VMs. However i need to have the version 2.17.

You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. Centos下GLIBCXX_3.4.20的问题 ... yum install centos-release-scl –y yum install devtoolset-3-toolchain –y scl enable devtoolset-3 bash Leave a comment. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features.
Tried to update GLIBC but seems the last version for CentOS 7 is 2.17-222 is the last version available and supported.

indeed it looks like GLIBCXX_3.4.20 is not present by default on our CentOS 7. In this article, we discuss hot to check the glibc version on centOS 6 and centOS 7. $ sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 fastjar zip Finally, we can compile: $ make After 3-4 hours (approximately in my case) you can run sudo make install if you want to use the latest version of GCC.

Download libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.21)(64bit) linux packages for ALT Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Mageia, OpenMandriva, openSUSE, PCLinuxOS ALT Linux Sisyphus Classic aarch64 Official I've searched around the web but i can't find a solution. Description. I have installed NodeJS 8.9.3 and that was running perfectly. Unix & Linux Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of Linux, FreeBSD and other Un*x-like operating systems.