Box 1107 | Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1107 ph 920.922.7207 | fax 920.926.7550 | sales@midstal.com Information courtesy of Aluminum Anodizers Council For more information, go to www.midstal.com or call 920.922.7207. 40 to 60µm is a typical thickness range for unsealed hard anodising in a wear environment. For the threaded rod on the right, the diameter increased by 0.002" since half of the coating thickness (0.001") built up the diameter on each side of the rod. We have a product call for hard anodize thickness 0.002"" to 0.003". Note that the Type II anodize with minimum 0.8 mil thickness would also fall under the AAMA 611-98 spec as a Class 1 coating with the minimum thickness called out at 0.8 mils instead of 0.7 mils. Type II refers to regular anodize while type III refers to hardcoat anodize. TECHNICAL BULLETIN #2-13 “Specifying Anodized Aluminum” TECHNICAL BULLETIN TECHNICAL BULLETIN This Technical Bulletin is published by the Aluminum Anodizers Council as an educational and informational service. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand that for hard anodize half of the coating is imbedded and the other half is built up. The information contained in this Technical Bulletin has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. The required diameter after anodize and sealing is .2479"/.2485". Thickness of anodize coatings. Hardcoat thickness is typically 0.002" (0.0508 mm). For example, the color bronze – the thinnest color layer on the titanium color spectrum – can be achieved by building the the oxide layer thickness to about 300 to 350 angstroms. Class I and Class II anodic coatings are designations created by the Aluminum Association for the purpose of codifying the specification of anodized aluminum. Class I coating has a mil thickness of 0.7 (18 microns) or greater. The English version of this formula is called “The Rule of 720”. This will January 8, 2009.

We have … Is this an industry norm that refer to the total thickness including imbedded and build up thickness? Hard anodize thickness 2002. A. 2 Test Methods For Type II Anodized Aluminum Oxide Coating Thickness ASTM B 244-79 ASTM B 487-85 …

ANODIC COATINGS FOR ALUMINUM AND ALUMINUM ALLOYS This amendment forms a part of MIL-A-8625F, dated 10 September 1993, and is approved for use by all Departments and Agencies of the Department of Defense. Covid 19 - Metal Finishings Ltd remains open and ready to assist with any surface treatments that you require.

Hardcoat Blind Holes or Through Holes

The thickness of an anodised coating can range from less than 5µm (for chromic anodising) up to 100µm (for hard anodising on certain alloys).

The required pin diameter prior to anodize is .2459"/.2465". Unlike electroplating, which is a deposit on the surface of the metal substrate, anodising is a conversion coating which transforms aluminium on the surface of components into aluminium oxide. A discussion started in 2009 but continuing through 2019. Eddy current thickness testing meters are usually used to measure the anodized (oxide) layer. Half the coating thickness is build-up and half is penetration into the base metal. Measures Non-Magnetic Coatings (Anodizing, Paint) up 25 mils (0-625 µm) applied to Non-Ferrous metals. Q. William Wong - Singapore. Below is a comparison of some of the primary characteristics of the 2 anodize types. Beyond approximately 50µm the wear resistance of hard anodising starts to decrease in relative terms, so it shouldn’t be assumed that more thickness is automatically better.

2002. Please observe government hygiene and distancing guidelines when making visits to collect/deliver. PAGE 2 2.1.1, under SPECIFICATIONS, MILITARY: Delete “MIL-C-81706 – Chemical Conversion Materials for Coating Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys.” Coating Thickness is the actual thickness of the oxide layer. For the salt water application, I prefer a minimum 1.0 mil … Class II coating has a minimum mil thickness of 0.4 (10 microns) The thickness of anodising that you should use depends on the service environment of the component. What thickness should I use for …? The color of the aluminum after being hard coat anodized depends on the alloy and the thickness of the coating.

Undyed, that is Class 1, hardcoat anodize will change the color of the aluminum dependent on the particular alloy and the anodic thickness. In color titanium anodization, however, the thickness of the oxide layer is augmented and manipulated. characterizes anodize by Type and Class.