This is one of the most commonly asked baking questions, particularly those that don’t want to use a dairy-based product in their baking.. But before you make that substitution, you will want to understand why the recipe calls for butter and what it does for the recipe.

Use a margarine that has a comparable amount of fat to butter.

To cover an 8-inch round or 7-inch square cake. To make a basic chocolate frosting, whisk room-temperature butter until it is fluffy. This recipe is the equivalant of one store bought frosting container and covers the top of a 10x13 cake. Recipe for buttercream icing * Margarine/ Butter (it's best to use butter) * Icing sugar * Flavour Sift icing sugar in a dry bowl. Boiled frosting, Seafoam frosting and/or Seven Minute frosting. mint extract, icing, orange extract, margarine, vanilla, icing and 8 more Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting Natalie's Food And Health cream cheese, vanilla extract, baking soda, greek yogurt, pure maple syrup and 15 more

Margarine is a suitable replacement for butter in a lot of recipes and especially buttercream. I want to decorate some cupcakes and I want to try making my own frosting without butter (or shortening). I found some recipes online but the reviews are really bad. This icing recipe will make enough for 24 cupcakes, or two 8-inch (20-cm) cakes. Some margarines only contain 60 percent fat, which isn’t enough to hold up in a buttercream recipe. Can I substitute any butter recipes with stick margarine? Some margarines only contain 60 percent fat, which isn’t enough to hold up in a buttercream recipe. Ratio as follows. Take a turning stick, start turning the butter/ margarine. It does taste okay with margarine, though. Niki Freeman. White Cupcakes with whipped Oreo icing. No butter frosting recipes 389. no butter chocolate frosting vanilla no butter frosting no butter cupcake frosting no butter vanilla frosting frosting for cupcake Laura . I usually have to decrease the amount of liquid I add when I use margarine. Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Recipe for buttercream icing * Margarine/ Butter (it's best to use butter) * Icing sugar * Flavour Sift icing sugar in a dry bowl.

Stick margarine works best because it reacts in a similar way to stick butter. Margarine is a suitable replacement for butter in a lot of recipes and especially buttercream. Cream together the butter and sugar. My daughter's birthday cupcakes. Gradually add the sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick. Royal Icing. Use butter to make flour buttercream, and cream cheese to make cream cheese icing. I'm planning to decorate the cupcakes by putting it in those pastry plastic bags and using those metal tips that gives you cute designs. In a medium bowl, cream the butter or cream cheese and sugar with … And it tastes kind of weird so there may be some fillers in there. Simply Delicious Frosting / Icing Perfect for cakes, sugar cookies, and more is this simple recipe; sure to make your creations spectacular. The flour icing technique can be used to make either flour buttercream icing or cooked cream cheese icing. 2. Take a turning stick, start turning the butter/ margarine.

The flour icing technique can be used to make either flour buttercream icing or cooked cream cheese icing. Use a margarine that has a comparable amount of fat to butter.

Next, add vanilla extract and sugar to finish the frosting, then spread it onto your cake or refrigerate it for 2 or 3 days. Get a separate bowl, put some butter/magarine in it. The margarine does change the taste a bit, IMO, and it does make the icing considerable softer than butter. Then, mix in the dry ingredients and milk and beat it until it is a good spreading consistency. Get a separate bowl, put some butter/magarine in it.